Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Artfest Pictures, Finally

Finally, here are some more of my Artfest pictures. Michael Jon Peterson taught "Spun Cotton Animals," and here is his finished product (mine isn't done). About 10 minutes into the class, one of the women raised her hand: "Can I just say something? You're adorable!" No argument there.















Here's Donna with her Walter, the apparently (after much discussion) dead starfish.














My second class was with Nina Bagley. Here she is with the sample of our book project in the foreground. We learned various ways to make encased frames for small objects. Next is a picture of one of my bookcovers with a frame containing items I collected at the Ft. Worden beach. I forgot to take a picture of my third teacher, Katie Kendrick, for the class "Creating Collaged Faces." Here's the face I made, which we've decided does indeed look like April when she's nodded off. Next is a picture of Peggy's tiles made in Laurie Mika's class. And I had to take pictures of some of the "wallpaper people" made in Anahata Katkin's class. They were very cool in person. You wouldn't know it from my pictures, but there were about 575 attendees, probably 98% female, at Artfest. I should have taken a photo in the airplane hangar on vendor night--I'm sure we were all there!












Here is Sherrie with her ladybug transporta-tion and attached accommo-dations.






Lastly is Suzanne, object of my raffle winner envy, with her prize of Teesha Moore's succulent fabric journal.

No comments: