Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sunday Art Fun


This past Sunday one of my art groups met at my house, and as usual we had a very fun afternoon talking, eating, and sharing art. Here's a picture of the trades made on the theme "Dots and Spots." Starting with the polymer clay pendant clockwise is the work of Denise, Traci, Lisa, Jeannie, Anne, Donna G., and Patti. I love all my new goodies, which look even better in person!
I demo'd a hand quilting method I learned from Teesha Moore, who learned it from Susan Shie. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of everyone's squares, so here are a few of mine, whose use is TBD--perhaps something pink? On the left is a box I made for my friend using this technique. Along with the eye candy seen during several hours at the Main Street Art Festival in Ft. Worth Friday afternoon (and a couple of small jewelry purchases), it was a great weekend. AND I have lots of food left from the meeting to get me through the week. Fortunately some friends are coming over to help me with that, because it includes things like cream puffs and carrot cake, and I hate to think how fast I would devour them on my own!

No comments: