Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Weekend, Inside and Out

So another weekend has come and almost gone. Parts of it resembled last weekend, starting with the beautiful weather. Friday I did a little treasure hunting at an estate sale. I made several selections from a box of vintage baby clothes, but put them back after convincing myself I most likely would never alter them. However, I was unable to convince myself that I didn't need three pairs of baby shoes. At $1 a pair, how could I leave them behind? After much poking around, I left with a small bag of stuff, satisfied. Saturday I went to the Cottonwood Art Festival and couldn't resist buying a beautiful raku vase. The colors grabbed me and wouldn't let go. From there I rushed to the Midnight Stampers annual Birthday Bash. The organizers really outdid themselves being loyal to the flower theme--from the food to the games (yes, we always play party games). The eleven of us spent a good bit of the afternoon laughing, mostly at ourselves!
Today we went on a bike ride to new lands. When eventually we were welcomed to a small town whose location was fuzzy to me, I hoped we'd make it home before dark. I have to admit I wasn't exactly sure where I was for most of the trip! I was making most of the turning decisions, but when it came time to head back, I didn't have a clue. Fortunately I had a navigationally adept person with me who had no trouble getting us back to Point A. I was reminded today that it's honeysuckle season. They lined a good portion of the Allen trail we were on--the scent is unmistakable. Go find some and enjoy!

I wonder why the public was invited to keep out of this field?
And how was your weekend?

1 comment:

Aurora Guy said...

Great to see flowers everywhere! I had reports the wildflowers in the Hill Country near S.A. were very poor this year. Spring is the best time in Texas countryside. God bless Ladybird Johnson.