Friday, May 30, 2008

A month goes by ...

Now that I've reached the milestone of a month without a post, I feel I really should post SOMETHING! All's pretty much the same around here, but we're into the heat and humidity that will plague the North Texas area till September or so. Earlier this month I spent some time in Santa Maria, CA, visiting my 85-year old aunt, seen here in our latest squishy-face photo. I always enjoy spending time with her, and sharing her daily menu of (along with other foods) asparagus, fresh strawberries, and jelly bellies (yum, yum, and yum!). Beauty salon day meant an excursion to San Luis Obispo, one of my favorite towns in the area. One of the shops there had some beautiful flowers in their planter box.
Here is her neighbor Ken, man of a thousand short-sleeved shirts! This is some of the overflow in his garage.





And a couple of my friends had birthdays this month. Happy Birthday April and Donna! Here we all are (minus me) at April's 50th:

1 comment:

Aurora Guy said...

Cool. At last I finally get to see your famous aunt!

Now Ken and all those shirts, THERE'S a story. Holy smokes!